Thursday, November 9, 2017

Angels Among Us

Hey all!
This week at the MTC I have been ministered unto by countless angels. "God put me in the midst of angels, He put me among men. Maybe they're not so very different, maybe they're one and the same." Not all of them were seen, and some went almost unnoticed. To name a few:

Sister Fitkin, my companion, is the sweetest ever and has so much faith. She is a convert of a 20 months, and is good stuff. She helps me to laugh and be happy.

Grandpa Cuthbert. It may seem funny to list him, as he was not here, but I shared part of his story with my companion. Later, God brought it to my remembrance in a time when I needed a little extra boost. His story helped me to see the Atonement of Jesus Christ IS for me and for everybody, and it changes lives. The gospel of Jesus Christ is glorious!

Grandpa Art Keeley. I felt his presence keenly as I mingled my voice with hundreds of other missionaries in singing How Great thou Art. He was here helping me that day.

Great Grandpa Keeley. Fanny Crosby wrote "Behold a Royal Army." She became blind at a young age, yet she went on to memorize many books of the bible by the time she was fourteen, and she gloried in God. Grandpa was not blind, but he was deaf. However, he served endlessly and loved much. He was here too.

Grandpa Rowan. His words of encouragement before I left gave me encouragement throughout the week. 

Great Grandpa Aagard. I tried to work hard and find joy like he did this week. I drew comfort from his story.

Katie Keeley. I got a letter from her, and I almost didn't notice it. It was the sweetest letter ever, and I felt her love and God's love for me. 

And, the most recent of all, Great Grandma Deone. We went to the temple, and one of the temple workers looked just like her. I couldn't with hold my joy and my tears. When I was almost done there, she gave me a hug. It was a hug from an angel. Oh, how I love my angels!

I feel in my heart and mind that this gospel blesses families. It is for everyone, and "God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be. This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God." 

There were many other angels, but there are too many to list here. I testify that we are surrounded by angels. We may not see them, or we may see them and not realize it, but God sends them to us and He loves us so much. His tender mercies abound.

I love you all! Love, Sister Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment