Sunday, December 17, 2017

This week was another great week at the MTC! 
Tagalog is great. We taught our investigator the word of wisdom this week. Then, the next visit, I tried to ask him, "Did you drink alcohol?" but instead said, "What do you think about children?" Haha he was so confused! I've almost memorized the first vision though, so that's good!
Sister Joy D. Jones and her husband spoke to us Tuesday. Recently, the Book of Mormon and its importance has been stressed. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that we will "get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” (Intro to the Book of Mormon). A few devotionals ago, we were asked to come prepared with our favorite Book of Mormon scripture. I had a favorite scripture, but it was not in the Book of Mormon, so I went searching for a favorite Book of Mormon scripture. I decided that I absolutely love 1 Nephi 11:16-17! Nephi is having a vision and talking with an angel. "16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God? 17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." I definitely have a lot of things I don't know, but one thing I do know and testify of is that God loves us. He loves us so much! He gave us His son because He loves us! I was feeling a little out of it yesterday, and praying. Then my companion randomly turns to me and says, "You know, God loves you a lot." Oh, how I needed to hear that precious truth again! God testified to my heart that it was true. He loves us so much! I am so grateful that He gives us prophets and the Book of Mormon. I know that if we have a question, we can ask of God. By reading the Book of Mormon, we invite the Spirit and answers into our lives. The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ, and I love it so much! What is your favorite Book of Mormon scripture? 
Totoo ang Aklat ni Mormon! Kung magbabasa po kayo ng Aklat ni Mormon, magiging mas masaya at mas katulad ng Cristo po kayo.
(The Book of Mormon is true! If you read the Book of Mormon, you will become more happy and more like Christ.)
I love you all! I'm so excited for Christmas and to LIGHT THE WORLD again! I am so grateful for my Savior! 
Love, Sister Keeley


No comments:

Post a Comment