Monday, January 8, 2018

A week ago we taught a lady named Janeth, and her daughter Romi. They had been taught previously, but because of language barriers and because of schedule conflicts, we had to stop teaching her. However, she speaks Tagalog, so we were able to meet with her again, and she is on track to be baptized in March, with Romi, right after Romi turns 8! She is amazing and so full of faith. Money is tight, but she still fed us pinakamasarap (the most delicious) Filipino food! She is so full of faith and so humble and she knows that God is helping her, and He is. 
We also met with Christina. She is AMAZING! She has been to a lot of social functions, like institute, activities, and church, but we finally got to meet with her. She had us over for dinner, and we taught her about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and how much God loves her, and how she can feel the influence of God in her life more. She already was looking for ways to follow 
Christ in her life and have peace, and now she is excited to learn with us how she can further follow Him through the gospel. She wants to be baptized in February. 
The Book of Mormon has amazing healing powers! It brings the power of Christ into people's lives. Whenever I feel down or frustrated, I look to this book and God answers me through it. I felt very powerfully this week that it is true. I know it it God's word, and that He is real and He loves and cares for us. Even today, I woke up feeling sick and couldn't sleep, so I read in the Book of Mormon. I felt so much more positive about my illness, and my symptoms lessened. I know that God is aware of me and that Christ felt all we have felt, feel, and will feel. The Book of Mormon is amazing! I love that both President Monson and President Nelson spoke on the Book of Mormon recently. It is so vital that we read it everyday. It builds testimonies, strengthens conversions, feels lives with peace, gives us answers and hope. I love The Book of Mormon!! If you aren't reading every day, I challenge you to :) It will fill your life with more light. It's the best!
Mahal kita! 
Sister Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment