Monday, January 22, 2018

Philippines Here I Come!!!

This week has been so exciting! I got the news that I will be heading to the Philippines this Saturday!!! Today our bishop and his wife took us to get Filipino food, and it made me all the more excited for the Philippines! I'm pumped, but also torn to leave here at the same time. I LOVE Irvine California! I have grown to love the people and have learned so much from them, and had a blast with my companions. We have seen many miracles in Filipino work while being here-Janeth and Romi are on date for March 3 for baptism, and we have other Filipino potential investigators. I also have learned so much from my companions about having faith, hope, and charity. They "live after the manner of happiness," and have really helped me learn to listen to the Spirit. We do so many good things together- everything from singing on doorsteps while we wait for people to answer, wrestling each other after we get home at night (and I got a bloody nose during that adventure... haha but it was by accident :) , trust falling from off the counter, hugging each other even when we're sick, singing in lessons to people, making jokes together, doorbell dropping gifts/thank you notes, bearing testimony together, following the Spirit, doing baptisms in the temple with investigators, and there were many times we prayed together. They have helped me look to God and strengthen my testimony, and see that the gospel is joyful! Man, I love my companions so much and the people here as well! I know that God has a plan for me where ever I go though, and I am so glad that I am called to serve Him where ever it may be, with whomever. I know He has a perfect plan for me to follow. "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." -Doctrine and Covenants 6:36

This week is transfers, and so I'm with Sister Ferrel until Saturday, and we also get a new missionary on Tuesday. I'm excited to meet her! 

This week we got to contact on campus finally! School started back up, and so we can go to the free speech area and talk to people and invite them to activities or to hear our messages. It's super neat to get the chance to sit down, hear about people's lives, and multiple were open to hearing more from the missionaries. There was one girl in particular that I felt led to- I don't remember her name, but I felt like I should talk to her out of everyone around me. Turns out, she is from Iran and was given a Book of Mormon by missionaries a couple of years ago. She couldn't understand English back then, but she is amazing at speaking English now, and so she will be able to read it now. Also, she was looking for something for her mom to go to, to connect with others around here, and I told her about Relief Society, and now we are going to text them about Relief Society activities. She seems really open to learning more and I know that God prepared her and He helped us meet each other. 

I met another young woman as we sat at booth on campus. Booth is where people can sign up for LDSSA and get texts about institute activities. I asked her if she wanted a piece of candy, but she said no. She turned to leave, but I asked her what her name was. She then opened up, and then we were able to have a conversation and give her a picture of Jesus and she signed up for the texts. There is something amazing about knowing someone's name, they see that you actually want to get to know them and help them. When Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father called Him by name. God cares about us so much! He knows our names. He is in the details of our lives. He is happy when we are and when we choose Him, and He weeps with us when we suffer. He loves us with a love that is infinite. I am so glad that we could feel a sliver of the love that God has for her. He loves her so much! He knew that if we asked her her name, she would open up a little more. 

We got to see President Nelson speak and his councilors this week. That was amazing! I have a strong testimony that God leads His church, and this is His work. I know that as we look to God, we can find guidance, peace, and hope. He loves us so much!

Sister Keeley


No comments:

Post a Comment