Sunday, April 15, 2018

4/2/2018 - He is There

As some of you know, I have been struggling with depression since I got to the Philippines. It has felt incredibly dark and alone, even as I do the Lord's work. However, I know that God is still helping and leading me. This week as I was feeling broken and like I couldn't go on and crying on my bed, all of a sudden in walks our sister training leaders, Sister Gaspar and Rivera. God sent me angels right when I needed them. They comforted me and helped me get help. 

Another time I saw God's hand was really simple, but it meant a lot to me. Tuesday morning, I just really had a desire to have dinner with someone, but our dinner calendar was empty for that day. I think I even prayed and asked if it was His will, could we have a dinner? Then, that day we ended up with not 1 dinner, but 2! Holy canoli! My simple, unimportant request was answered, and it meant a lot. God is watching over me. Even when I can't feel Him their, when it's just dark, He is still there. Even when I forget He is there, or feel despair or alone, He is there. He is my Father, and He loves me.

We had Juliet's baptism this week! It was a really cool baptism. She is so full of faith, and her family too, and such a great example. She really wants to follow the Savior and is so humble. It was awesome.

A funny moment of the week: My planner came with an extra day in week 2, and it just happened to fall on April fools! Hahaha, I think God sent me that planner to make me laugh. 

I know God lives and loves us, and He cries with us when we are sad. He is our Father, and will send help. Even in our darkest hour, and we can't feel Him there, He is there.

Mahal Kita! ❤

Sister Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment